Monday, March 23, 2009

?Am I an IT Girl?

In a world that trends are becoming necessary to belong, Where do I fit?

Peer pressure is not a joke oh. I once thought, a Naija babe like me, peer pressure has got nothing on me. Kini big deal? WRONG! I am a piercing-less and tattoo-less twenty year-old lady, and I’m feeling it. Not even a second ear-hole on my lobe is pierced and it’s because I don’t want a piercing. I’m just not excited about it.


It might not seem like a big deal, but that’s a conversation –starter right there. A guy’ll be like “Oh nice “tat” (what’s with that word?) I don’t even know the lingua : BARBELLS?? Is that what the curved earrings are called? I don’t even know oh! I need a little Pierciducation… Somebody please Holla @ a chica.


Am I missing out on my youthfulness? I hope not oh! I need to be expressing all these things now before I’m dropping my kids off at school and hollering at some tattooed dude to draw butterfly on my left breast… You feel me? I need to live on the wild side of things, not pushing into the "Bull Ring" thing in your nose, nah mate! That’s not for me! I’m finna have a little belly ring, that I'll show off in my bikini. But what’s with this rumour about the hole expanding when you’re pregnant. That’s not cool at all o, I don’t want to be able to drive a Honda Civic through my belly-button; that’s a nasty thought! I know...forgive me. So what’s the 411? How bad is it? GT tell me something.


~Truffle Hugs and Cherry Kisses~


Blanche Truffle

13 comments:

Giagerry said...

firsttttttttttttttt!
nd hmm tats nd piercings??/
not my thing o..{for alot of reasons}

*Diane* said...

woot! seconddd!!! apart for my ears, i have another piercing, but i've been aprehensive about tattoos...my second piercing is not peer influenced...it was more or less done for myself.

Miss Enigma said...

Apart from the piercings my mother gave me @ birth...I dnt intend on addin' any mre. I cnt stand the pain...yeah @ this phase in life, tats look cute n' sexy n' all dat...but after the body goes thru some natural phases and changes, it myt not look so cool anymre.

Also, as u continue to evolve as an individual u find urself asking wat was I thinkin' when I got this.

I think there are other cool and inspring things to do jo!

Gudluck!!!

BSNC said...

lol@ I don’t want to be able to drive a Honda Civic through my belly-button.. that is a nasty thought alright. just do you. nice post

Lolia said...

Please you're not missing out on any youthfulness jo...Keep doing you and let other people do them...We all express ourselves differently :)

Welcome to Blogville xx

Anonymous said...

heeeeeeey and as its not now who u r nko? wooo jus do you....the bad thing would be if you wana get it and you don't......

Original Mgbeke said...

Yup, like they all said just do you. You can enjoy your youth without a piercing or tat. I once had a piercing, got bored with it and took it out after 6 months. Tats are pretty permanent so you gotta be sure that you wanna wake up 20 years later and not wanna puke when you look at it.

Repressed One said...

lol, I'm with Undercover...na the piercing my mama give me i get and no tats, altho i toyed with the idea at some point.

Just do you jare cos at the end of the day you have to live with Your choices...

Blanche Truffle said...

Gee: I know...maybe they just aren't mine either!

Diane: So I shouldn't get if it's not a personal thing? I get that! Thanx!

UnderCover07:Thanx for the advice.I'm going to look for some other sort of inspiration.

Lolia: That's a great way to put it..what's that song?? umma do me!...lol

Chari: I don't want it...so there's no bad thing for now I guess

Original Mgbeke: I like your name. LOL. Yes oh! that's my ish...the permanency..so you took yours out..that';s pretty neat. So if I don't want anymore I just rip it off..lol..not that violently I hope.

Repressed One: LOL. Abi oh! i better stick to Mumsy's doings

Thanx for all the advice. I'm enjoying all the love.

Blogoratti said...

Tats and piercings? hmn hnmmm. Now you don't need to go there.. It does nothing for you in the end,so keep staying fresh like a pair of new sneakers. Ciao.

Gourmet Truffle said...

Hey! im feeling very discriminated against...tattoos can be cute...and the two i have are v tasteful..lol...but i agree tho...dnt do it cos of peer pressure sha...just do you.lol. i did mine cos i reali wanted to...nd almost noone has seen em.x

Buttercup said...

i actually wanna get a tat(lol)too..

but yea, im not one to be moved by peer pressure..i really do find tattoos cool..

lmao @ being able to drive a honda civic through ur belly-button!

Blanche Truffle said...

Blogoratti: fresh like a pair of sneakers! That's too hilarious...lmao

GT: Yours are cute and hidden and you like them. I just deciding if i need one. Don't worry i love you tattooed or not!

Buttercup: lol... I guess I exaggerated a bit too much with the whole Honda Civic thing. Next time I promise to calm down on that...lol

*Truffle Hugs and Cherry Kisses*

Post a Comment

Spread the chocolate kisses! xoxo

 
DIARY OF A SEMI-SCHMALTZ DUO. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino